Legal 500 family lawyers in the City of London
Located at Chancery Lane in the City of London, we specialise in all types of family law. From high-net-worth cases to sensitive matters involving an international element, we always provide you with the very best legal advice and support.
Passionate about finding positive solutions and minimising conflict wherever possible, we can help with:
- Divorce and separation
- Child custody disputes and agreements
- Civil partnership dissolution and agreements
- Cohabitation agreements
- International family law issues
- Domestic violence matters
- Prenuptial agreements
- Division of businesses, pension funds and assets
- And more.
Whatever your situation, we are here to help you. What’s more, because we know that no two families are the same, we always tailor our services to your specific needs and circumstances. Crucially, we have developed an exceptional reputation for our family law services. This reputation is endorsed by our Legal 500 ranking, and more importantly, by all the lovely things our clients have said about us.
To find out more about how we can help you, contact our City of London family solicitors today on 020 3709 8975. Or, if you prefer, complete our online enquiry form and a member of our team will call you back to discuss your unique situation. There is no obligation to proceed, and all initial queries are completely free of charge.
City of London Hight net worth (HNW) divorce lawyers
HNW divorces are rarely straightforward. But, at Josiah-Lake Gardiner, our family lawyers are experts in these types of cases. So, regardless of the complexity of your situation, we are always a trusted pair of hands. We have experience in:
- Trusts (including international Trusts)
- Jurisdiction issues
- Company valuations
- Hidden assets and complex structures
- And more.
Providing unrivalled legal representation to gain the best outcome for you, our HNW City of London divorce lawyers give advice that reflects the upmarket nature of the area. We also act for both wealth-generators and individuals looking to secure their fair share.
- Location: Our Chancery Lane office is located in the City of London
- Parking: Holborn Gate is the closest car park, located just a 2-minute walk from our Central London office.
Financial settlements from our expert City of London team
Financial issues can be tricky to resolve when divorcing from your partner. If you are looking to protect your wealth, it can be frustrating, especially as the courts can be generous to financially less prosperous partners. On the other hand, getting your fair share can be challenging if your ex has the resources to hide assets. Regardless of your situation, specialist legal representation is essential.
At Josiah-Lake Gardiner, we have experience dealing with complex financial settlements, and we always protect your interests with as little fuss – and in as short a time – as possible.
Taking your specific situation and needs into account, our pragmatic and frank advice always finds a solution that is both realistic and reasonable. And, to ensure the impact on your life is kept to a minimum, we make sure that any agreement is legally binding. Because the last thing you want is a nasty surprise further down the line.
Child arrangements to protect the people you love best
The divorce process can be challenging for children. To help minimise the distress on the people you love, our City of London divorce lawyers are sensitive and empathetic to their needs. And we protect their current and long-term wellbeing.
Helping you to make critical decisions regarding your children, we’ll deliver a child arrangement order that deals with things such as who the child lives with and access rights. We can also help you with child maintenance issues. And, in more complex situations, we provide advice and support on Prohibited Steps Orders, Specific Issue Orders and international and domestic issues.
Importantly, when it comes to child arrangements during a divorce, we provide mediation services that help both parties to navigate any bad feelings constructively when determining what’s best for their children. Often more expeditious than traditional divorce proceedings, the meditation process can also be highly cost-effective.
City of London cohabitation agreements
If you decide to live together without marriage or a civil partnership, you must consider your financial future in case things go wrong. Our expert cohabitation agreement solicitors can advise you on how best to do this.
There is no such thing as ‘common law marriage’, and it’s not just about the possibility of a relationship breakdown. The legal implications should one partner die can be very complicated for cohabitation relationships. So, ensuring that there is a professionally drafted cohabitation contract in place provides both security and peace of mind.
At Josiah-Lake Gardiner, our solicitors have a wealth of experience in dealing with cohabitation cases. We guide, advise and assist you at every stage of the process. And we always ensure that your interests are safeguarded.
Why choose Josiah-Lake Gardiner for your City of London family solicitors?
Knowledgeable, approachable and professional, our City of London family solicitors are here to help you through all your relationship, marital, divorce, childcare and family legal matters.
Protecting your interests and providing you with the best possible legal support, we provide:
- City of London-based support, so you can be sure that you are working with some of the best legal minds in the UK
- Bespoke legal support and representation tailored to your needs, situations and objectives. There are no off-the-shelf solutions here
- The quality of legal excellence that comes from appointing a Legal 500 recognised family law firm
- Practical and sensitive negotiating skills to stop relationships from deteriorating
- Unmatched standards of client service and care
- An in-depth understanding of the unique circumstances faced by the people who live and work in the City of London
- Realistic and objective advice so you always know what to expect
- The expertise necessary to deal with international divorces, complex family matters and high-net-worth cases.
With a commitment to always doing the best possible job for you, our City of London divorce lawyers also resolve your situation as quickly and as cost-effective as possible.
City of London family law help & support
As well as delivering practical, realistic legal advice to our City of London family law clients, we also provide handy links to several local organisations and support groups.
- Use the Court & Tribunal finder to find all Family Courts serving the City of London. The Central Family Court deals with cases related to adoption, children, domestic violence, forced marriage and FGM for people the City of London
- Browse a range of family law resources that might be of interest to our City of London clients
- Make local connections via City of London Meetup groups
- Find out more about children and family support services on the City of London website
- Find out how to get help with Childcare in the City of London.
Contact our family lawyers in the City of London
A niche practice specialising in divorce, childcare law and family law, at Josiah-Lake Gardiner we provide sensitive professional legal services when you need us most.
Giving practical solutions and clear guidance, we put you and your children at the heart of everything we do. And, with a personal service from start to finish, our City of London family solicitors make even the biggest problems manageable.
Get in touch with our City of London legal team today for a no-obligation discussion about your current situation. We’ll help you move your life forward.